Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall 2009 Practicum



This semester, I am doing my practicum with the GCSU Choral Department and loving every minute of it! The Choral Director, Jennifer Flory, is a joy to work with and is being so helpful. Thus far I have written press releases, designed posters and t-shirts and recorded their performances. I was unfamiliar with the poster designing and recording before I became her practicum student, but I am very glad she has asked me to do both because I will possibly need experience in both. As a professional, you do not say, "I do not know how to do that", you suck it up and get the job done.

I think practicums are a great thing and I am very grateful GCSU offers this because it gives us real life experience in what we are interested in. Having a client that depends on you changes everything. Besides giving us experience, these practicums give us pieces for our portfolio and things we can actually use to get future jobs.

Thus far I have had my press release published, my posters used and two of my t-shirts printed. The big events I have worked on are High School Choral Day, the Mendelssohn Bicentennial Celebration and the Disney Delights Concert. I am learning so much and having a great time while doing it.

I will be doing advertising for WGUR next semester and hope that I will learn as much from this one as I did with the music department. I would recommend this practicum to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment