Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Herb Garden



What a great weekend project! I found this pallet at work and have been staring at it for 3 months going back and forth on what to do with it. I decided an herb garden would be a perfect fit for this small pallet and my quaint back porch. 

Materials:
Wooden Pallet
Pluming Pipe Clamps
Flower Pots
Soil
Plants of your choice

The process is very simple and the photos are self explanatory but I will give the step by step process :)

Drill the pipe clamps into the pallet and position them as you like. I love symmetry so I wanted mine to mirror each other but staggering them would be cute too. One screw secured these but two may be a good idea if yours is in a high traffic area or where winds may blow it. Next, pot the plants of your choice with new soil and give them a good watering. I chose the basic herbs, cilantro, rosemary, thyme and oregano. I also threw a flew flowers in the mix to add a little color. Slip the pots in the pipe clamp, tilt the pallet at an angle and you are good to go. Simple as that and it looks so cute! I don't have a green thumb but I hoping this little garden last me several  years to come. Total cost minus the pallet- $40.  






No comments:

Post a Comment