Sunday, August 28, 2011

Entering the Unknown

After my internship at Scripps Networks Interactive ended in July, I had the opportunity to work for another month (paid this time) as a contractor in the same department, Corporate Communications. After a little decision and a lot of praying, I decided to come back for the month of August and fill this temporary position. This week begins my last week and in this short time I have learned so much. I served as Corp Comm Coordinator and assistant to our SVP. Life lessons and professional skills is what I acquired from this position. I dealt with people a lot and worked on my professional communication and organizational skills. There were good days and bad, as with any job, and I learned how to deal with them and move on. Everyone in my department is such a joy to work with and they have helped me continue to grow in my professional career. On Friday I will officially leave Knoxville, TN and move on to find a permeant job. Not having one lined up has made me very anxious because I am a big planner and like to anticipate what will happen next. I know this is another opportunity for me to learn about myself and rely on God. I know the plans he has for me are perfect in his timing and I need to let go and let him direct my life. I am very thankful for this temping opportunity because I not only learned more for my future career, I met/lived with the most amazing family. Because one month leases are so difficult to find, I found a family who let me live with them for free. Not knowing them made it a little strange at first but it could not have been a more perfect situation. They are a loving and strong Christian family that have taught me a lot about generosity and sacrifice. I was so blessed to have met them and thankful for their hospitality. It is so funny how everything happens for a reason. Now the job waiting begins. Hopefully not for too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment