Monday, April 5, 2010

Summer Internship


Well I finally nailed one! After many sent emails and two interviews, I have taken a Summer internship with Ogeechee Technical College in Statesboro, GA. I am really excited about this opportunity because I will be allowed to get my feet wet in many different aspects of public relations and advertising. I am not exactly sure what my specific jobs will be but I do know that I will be writing press releases, photographing events, finding ad placements and working various events. A good thing about this internship is that we do not work on Fridays so I will be working 27 hour weeks which will equal 7 hour days, not bad! One event I am extremely excited about working is the Farmer's Market in Statesboro. It happens every Saturday in the Spring and Summer and is a great time for locals to come shop around and mingle outside. I love this part of Statesboro and it will be great that I get to work it. My boss seems very helpful and will be a great mentor so I am looking forward to working under him. Ogeechee Tech is a great school and I am excited to represent them this summer. I already have purchased some cute internship outfits so now I am really excited! For more information on Ogeechee Technical College click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment